Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Accurate colour control

Started by gimp Oct 8, 2001 at 5:45 AM 2 replies 450+ views
Original Post
gimp
gimp
I seem to have a problem where colours in opengl appear much duller than they do in Photoshop or ACDsee etc. a red of 255 appears to be a dark reddy colour, in fact everything appears darker. Is there a method for tuning this programatically? Chris Brodie http:\\fourth.flipcode.com
Chris Brodie
xstreme2000
xstreme2000
I don''t know alot about OpenGl but I''m about 95% sure that your problem is that you lighting is set low, try setting you ambient lighting to R255 G255 B255 or whatever you use in OGL

Hope you fix it
X2k
gimp
gimp
Thanks but...I forgot to mention. Lighting is turned off.

Any other idea''s?

Chris Brodie
Prosper/LOADED
Prosper/LOADED
Do you use plain polygons or textured ones ? Do not forget that the current color modulate the texture''s output. Be sure you set it to pure white before drawing your stuff.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.